deborahmarkus7

James W. Loewen
Gone with the Wind
Margaret Mitchell

5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides

5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides - Matthew Inman I already loved The Oatmeal; I already loved this book when, about 3/4 of the way through, I got to "The 7 Types of Crappy Pedestrians." And that's when I learned that Matthew Inman and I are soul mates. Okay, that's when I learned that I'm not the only one who flips out when people walk like idiots. I don't mean like they just graduated from the Academy of Silly Walks; I mean they step out into the middle of a busy street during rush hour without checking, usually carrying a cup of hot coffee that they apparently quite literally care more about than life itself. Or carrying a baby whom they apparently don't care about at all. They heard somewhere that "pedestrians always have the right of way," and that's all they know and all they need to know. Oh, and they *saunter.* (*God*, I hate saunterers.)

These, by the way, are usually the same people who make life such a joy for those of us who have to share a sidewalk with them. They're the ones Inman describes as "The Stop-and-Goers" (people who take up the whole sidewalk and stop for lame reasons, making you spend your whole errand trying desperately not to bump into them) or "The Text Messengers" (the ones who can't stop sending and receiving messages while they walk and act as one-person obstacle courses for anyone lucky enough to be going in the same direction).

There are other terrifically funny comics in this collection as well. But this one made me really happy, because now I know *I'm not the only control-freak pedestrian out there*.